Indonesia's immense geographical span and its peculiar mix of cultures, religions and landscapes makes for an extremely rich and diverse travel destination. Volcanoes, ancient temples, archaic tribal cultures, white-sand beaches, pristine jungles, remote tropical islands, wildlife, colonial buildings and some of the best coral reefs of Asia: these and more are the attractions offered by this beautiful and rugged country... all spread over more than 17,000 islands of course. The isolated nature of most of the islands also makes Indonesia one of the last great adventures on our planet, indeed one of the few places where the terms "exploration" and "discovery" still make sense.
Welcome to your signature mcube holiday in Indonesia.
A Taste of Indonesia
mcube Travel Boutique
Tailor Made Asia Travel. Private Sailing Charters.
Bespoke Travel Indonesia
You do not have the required Flash player to view the page correctly. Please download the Flash player at http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/ and try again.
Looking for Unique Travel Experiences in Indonesia?
- Take mask, snorkel, fins, jacket and tank and plunge into one of the many underwater paradises that dot Indonesia, including the world's top diving destinations of Derawan in Kalimantan, Bunaken in Sulawesi, Komodo National Park, Raja Ampat and Banda Islands. What better way to enjoy them then with a top-class liveaboard boat or five-star dive resort?
- If you love temples and religious monuments, you surely will not be disappointed of visiting Java's Borobudur, Prambanan, Sukuh and Cetho as well as the myriad of Hindu temples and shrines that dot the stunning landscape of inland Bali.
- Indonesia is synonymous with volcano bonanza, so why not viewing dazzling panoramas from the top of Ijen or Merapi on Java, Rinjani on Lombok, Kelimutu on Flores or one of the many volcanoes of the untouristic Maluku archipelago? And if mountaineering is not your thing, you can still charter a boat and spend the night watching lava flows from the beach of the volcanic island of Krakatau or wake up early to watch the sun rise on the breathtaking lunar landscapes of Bromo and Semeru.
- The true adventurer can revel in the exploration of the mysterious jungles and valleys of New Guinea and in the rare encounter with ancient tribal cultures that still partially clung onto their traditions and cults in the remoteness of Papua, Indonesia' final frontier.
- Jump on your surf board and paddle out towards waves of all heights and complexities in one of the many surfing destinations around Bali and the rest of Indonesia. And when you are ready for the real deal, surf the legendary Desert Point in Lombok, Uluwatu in Bali and the waves off the rugged coastline of Southern Sumatra and Java.
- Meet the Toraja people with their rich, traditional culture, their bizarre houses with boat-shaped roofs, their intricate funeral rites and the beautiful terraced rice paddies that surround this area of central Sulawesi. Indeed, a trip to Tana Toraja is like a National Geographic documentary brought to life.
Did the above ideas stimulate your appetite for travelling the mcube way ?